Saturday, February 24, 2007
New Denim
Something you may not know about me is that I have a very difficult time spending money on myself. It's a little easier for me to spend money on my kids or my house, much easier to spend money on my husband (he made the money in the first place!) and easiest to spend it on other people for gifts, showers, needs, etc. I can hear my credit card screaming, "Put me back in the wallet!" every time I pull it out. I also have a hard time allowing other people to spend money on me. Because of this, I rarely buy myself clothing. Every once in a while, John takes me shopping and makes me buy a new pair of shoes because he's tired of hearing me say that I don't like any of my shoes. He's kind of a clothes person and I love having him shop with me because he thinks I look good in everything. : ) Not a very unbiased opinion, I guess. If I shop by myself, I won't buy anything that's not on sale and I end up not liking anything I buy. I also do the, "I'll come back and get it," which I never do. I have pretty much zero confidence when I shop alone. I'd be much better off to wait and put a little money into something I love every once in a while. Anyway, I have been needing a new pair of jeans and we decided to go on John's lunch break the other day to the brand new "Buckle" at Southlake Town Center (John works in the building over the Gap there). So, we took both kids and tried on jeans. I got two new pairs and I LOVE my new jeans! I feel like a totally different person in them! That was long over due. I wear them all the time so it's really nice to have some I like. So, while I'm sure you didn't need to spend time reading a random blog about how much I like my new jeans, just remember, every once in a while it's good to get something that just makes you feel good whenever you put it on! I think this is especially important for mommies, and our husbands like to look at something new on us occasionally too! Hooray for comfy, feel-good, new jeans!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Amen. Glad you got a treat of some good jeans! Stacy and Clinton from TLC's "What Not to Wear" would be so proud of you.
I LOVE jeans from the Buckle. It's the only place I've ever found that actually carry xxlong jeans. YEA for the Buckle and new jeans!
I LOVE Stacy and Clinton!!!
Jeans are the HARDEST thing for me to buy. A really good pair is so expensive. I can't ever spend that type of money. I always feel so guilty. I am like you spend on the child, husband and house but not myself. I went shopping yesterday for my Birthday and felt bad buying things. I think I might try the buckle for some jeans. I was in Nordstrom and I looked at some 7 jeans. I have always heard good things about this brand but I just don't think I could spend $187 on one pair of jeans. I guess if they fit really good it would be worth it.
Ches, Buckle had a lot of jeans that were under $100. They had a few brands that they think are comparable to the Sevens but are less expensive. I bought some Big Star jeans that have a little stretch in them and are SO comfortable. Again, if you wear and wash them all the time, they're worth a little extra so you love them! I'll watch Garrett while you go jeans shopping!
I know what you mean about guys liking to see something new on us! Every time I buy a new dress, Jonathan tells me it is his favorite! I think it is because he likes it when I look a little different. : )
Post a Comment