Yesterday morning I was putting on my makeup in the bathroom and Little John was playing in there with me. He had turned Kailey's bouncer seat upside down and was throwing balls through the stand, then he sat in it like a spaceship. He is extremely creative. Anyway, he was doing all of this and suddenly looked at me and said, "Mommy, I can't fly." This is a sad realization. While we are disappointed, we can still hope for other super powers to emerge at some point. We haven't ruled out elasticity or super speed yet. : )
I was thinking about this and realizing that it probably is a little disappointing as you discover our many human limitations and begin to see our weakness both physically and spiritually. I am extremely grateful that I have something to offer my child besides "the power inside of him." If that was all there was, this would be a sorry life. I can't wait to help him understand that he is more than a conqueror through Jesus Christ, that he can do all things through Christ who gives him strength, that in his weakness, Jesus is strong. These are the very real and miraculous super powers that I can promise my son he has beyond the shadow of a doubt! I can also already begin preparing him for the life we look forward to after this one where even his physical body won't have these limitations. He can put that creative imagination to work and never come close to the wondrous things awaiting us in eternity with God! Thank you, Lord, for what you give us. Thank you for your power at work in our lives!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
what a great post...just what I needed to hear today...thanks!!!
Post a Comment