Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Are You Kidding Me?!

My parents and sisters are on a cruise this week. I'm so excited for the girls because they are there with their best friends, dressing up and having a blast! I keep imagining what fun they're having and how cute that gaggle of girls is running around the cruise ship. This is a graduation trip for the two oldest girls who will be graduating in May. I'm sure my parents are also having a great time with the other two couples who are a lot of fun to be with. Yesterday I showed Little John a picture of their ship on the internet and told him that Marmee, Grandpa, Caitlin, and Carissa were on that boat. He stared at it for a second, dropped his jaw, and said, "Are you kidding me?!" in this slightly disgusted, slightly surprised tone. It was hilarious. He sounds just like his dad sometimes.

Our favorite photographer came and took Kailey's three month pictures today. It was "wheels off" to borrow a Walton expression. Little John is NOT good with having his picture made. All of his cooperative abilities go out the window when the camera comes out. Amazingly though, Kristin will end up with these beautiful photographs of him that show absolutely nothing of the difficulty we had in getting them. Kailey did great but was much more serious than she usually is. She is so easy to get to smile or laugh but, once again, bring out the camera and total deadpan face. Hey, they come by it honestly. I am the most unphotogenic person I know. Kailey did very well with all of her wardrobe changes and us putting her in different positions in all different places, though. I can't wait to see them. I love pictures of my kids so much because I know how quickly they change and I love to look back and see how they were! I would rather spend money on pictures than almost anything else we buy for ourselves. My problem is getting them framed and displayed somewhere. I really need to do better with that. I love going to other people's houses who have lots of pictures of their family everywhere. Maybe I really like pictures (just not of me)!

2 comments:

Kendra said...

Oh - you'll have to post your pictures once you get them back! That would be fun to see. I love pictures, too. That's the one thing I use bribes for with my big boys . . they know that if they cooperate and smile and have "happy hearts" when being photographed, good things will come to them (usually in the form of chocolate or a sucker!). Brady came out of the womb somehow trained that when a lens is pulled out, he immediately poses and grins. Makes me giggle every time - I never have to entertain him to get a smile! He's a ham . .

Update on the "ride on" toy - Colby played outside with me a long time today and went back and forth between the Hummer and his bike - so maybe exercise can still be had even with a "no effort" land vehicle!! ha! I say let Grandma do it!

Chesley said...

I have to say that I have NEVER seen a bad picture of you! You always take a beautiful picture! Your wedding portrait is gorgeous! Kristin will work her magic. She does that with Garrett too. I can't wait to see all of them! :)