Friday, April 20, 2007

Tomorrow's The Big Day

Tomorrow Carli becomes Mrs. Cameron Scroggins. Tonight at the rehearsal dinner it finally sank in and I started getting emotional. My little brother will be a husband tomorrow evening. I thank God that Cameron has found a woman who loves him wholeheartedly and wants to follow him as he leads their family in walking with the Lord. She is a gift to him and to us. I specifically started praying a few years ago, when I realized that Cameron was ready and wanting to share his life with someone, that he would find a girl who couldn't see straight she was so in love with him. I know him well and knew he didn't need the games or competition but someone who only had eyes for him. God sent her and I praise Him for the answer to those prayers. I have a special and different place in my heart for each of my three brothers but I am probably the most possessive of Cameron. Tomorrow would be difficult for me if he were not marrying someone who I have all confidence will be fiercely loyal to him for the rest of their lives.

I spent many years of my childhood praying for sisters and God has answered those prayers beyond my wildest dreams. First, I received two of the most incredible blessings in my life when I was eleven and thirteen and my precious girls were born. Then, I married into John's family and became sisters with his sister (and his best friend) who had been one of my best friends for years. As if that wasn't enough, then Kyle married another of my dearest friends and I almost can't imagine what our family was like without her! Now Carli is my latest gift in the string of fantastic sisters-in-law, and I have potential for two more in the coming years if and when John's brother and my youngest brother choose their life partners. I may have waited a while but my prayers were answered with a cup overflowing, pressed down and pouring over. How He does know the plans He has for us when we have such shallow dreams! I have always told the kids I taught to pray away. Yes, you can pray for a big sister. I started with all brothers and now have sisters older, younger, and in-between! God does things in ways we never expect with people we never knew and ones who have been there all along. Thank you, Lord for the way you bless us with relationships and people to love!

If you are reading this on Saturday, please take a moment to say a prayer that this day is everything Cameron and Carli have dreamed of. May their marriage be blessed beyond imagination with a long and joyful journey together!

3 comments:

Elizabeth Miller said...

I am thirlled for you and recieving your new sister today! There is nothing like seeing a brother that you adore find his soul mate and know that she will love him, if possible, more than you do! I have prayed for the day to be wonderful today for them but even more, a beautiful life to come! God is smiling on them with a gorgeous day!!!

Chesley said...

I can't wait to hear all about the wedding and see pictures! I hope it was everything Carli and Cameron wanted. Carli is getting a special sister in you I know.

Unknown said...

I prayed tonight for your family...for being such a blessing to our family and also for the joy of a marriage that God has been planning for.
I took Jack over to the house today to play for a while and he got so excited when he saw his books and puzzles and then ran into the play room and said "oh, look Mimi, it's my stuff!". I know it's not about "the stuff", but today it was. He had so much fun!
Hugs