Thursday, April 12, 2007

My Girl

My precious, happy, bubbly gift from God. While I can touch my forehead with my foot, I cannot imagine doing it quite as comfortably as Kailey seems to! She just rolls into a little ball and chews on her feet! I am getting ready to store away the bassinet because she is doing eight or nine hour nights in her crib in her pink room. What a blessing! Maybe I had sleeping issues with my first child so that I could fully appreciate the gift of a baby who sleeps well early on. I am grateful that my boy now slumbers away peacefully in his room! We've had some difficult days lately and anyone who saw my son refuse to come out of the Chick-Fil-A playland last night before church can attest to that fact. But tonight as I put my babies to bed and looked at these pictures, I can only agree with the Psalmist who wrote, "Behold, children are a heritage from the Lord, the fruit of the womb is a reward." My precious heritage. May God help me to be the mother they need.

2 comments:

Shelly said...

She is SO precious!!! We need to get together to play soon so I can squeeze her!

Chesley said...

I LOVE those pictures of Kailey! She is just so beautiful and always so happy! You are such an excellent mother Courtney. You have two very lucky children!