Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Aunts & Apes

Today John was sitting at the table eating while we were watching his cousin, Kyndall. All of the sudden he looked at me and said, "Kyle is Kyndall's daddy and Brittany is Kyndall's mommy!" He was so excited about this discovery and figuring out how it all worked! I'm sure that's a little confusing when they were your aunt and uncle first before they became a mommy and daddy. So apparently that is the kind of thing going through toddlers' minds over a bowl of oatmeal.

Later in the day he was watching a highly educational episode of Little Einsteins. I was nursing Kailey and noticed the cute monkey who, upon opening his mouth, sang lovely strains of a classical piece. That struck me as pretty funny. When I asked if the Little Einsteins had found a monkey, Little John said, "It's not a monkey; it's a chimp." Well, excuse me! Guess I better get my ape classifications straight before I talk to my two-year-old! I'm going to have to get up early to stay ahead of this one!

2 comments:

Chesley said...

Come on now Courtney can't you tell the difference between an ape and a chimp?! :)
That is so funny that he pointed that out to you. I was laughing pretty hard at that.
Maybe John has a future working with primates. :)

(And just so you know I don't think I would be able to tell the difference between apes and chimps).

Julie said...

That is so funny! I love it! I can't wait to have a little funny talking boy!