Saturday, June 07, 2008

Little Happenings

Yesterday while doing a puzzle together, John V told me a long, pretend story about him playing baseball. It had the Rangers, lots of other teams, batters, etc. At one point he totally threw me, though, because he said that "his girl, Font" was watching and saying, "Go Babe!" while he played. Whoa! I so do not want any girl, even a very pretend one, calling him "Babe!" And while we're on the subject, what kind of a name is "Font?" : )

I have to get my kids stuck on a new song. "Every Move I Make" is a wonderful praise song but I have now heard it 5,976,485 times. . . I am sure. They like to sing it at the top of their lungs. It's adorable but sometimes I wonder what the neighbors think when John is in the backyard and seems to always yell the line, "Oh my God this love, how can it be" much louder than anything else. Hopefully they realize he is singing and don't just hear him screaming the first three words. My favorite is when he sings, "Your love has captured mes." Yes, me is plural. It's adorable. The first few million times. ; )

John is currently very fond of telling me that I'm his favorite big boy. Kailey also keeps calling Big John "mama" all of the sudden. Maybe there's a little gender confusion going on over here.

Kailey will probably not be the difficulty to potty train that her brother was. She hates to be wet or dirty and will lie down on the floor and start singing, "Diaper, diaper, diaper doo, gimme change, I O OOOO!" (I love you). It's our little diaper song that my mom sang to us and now she uses it as her signal to tell me things are not right in the little pants.

I cannot figure out why every door knob in our house seems covered with some foreign, unidentified substance, but I should probably go clean them. I am going to get some pictures from our trip posted here soon, though!

3 comments:

angela said...

Love the diaper song. We may have to steal it :)

Jessica said...

I laughed through this whole post..."Go Babe!" and singing in the backyard where my two favorite stories...what fun kids are!! I can't wait for my own :)

Anonymous said...

Sweet stories, the song is my favorite