A few days into our trip John V went with his dad to play his first full 18 holes of golf. They played as a foursome with another couple and the whole bit. One neat thing they have done on one of the Sandestin courses is to add kids' tees. John's not quite up to playing a real game but he loved hitting from the closer tees. The couple they played with was quite impressed and told me that he made putts nobody else was making! The look on his face when I dropped the two off at the clubhouse was something I will never forget. That boy was about to explode with sheer excitement and happiness. Hours of golf with Dad, just like a big guy. It made me realize just how important those days and activities are to a boy. Kailey and I spent the morning and early afternoon driving around, doing a little shopping, and at the pool. We also walked over to the hole right outside our condo and watched the guys tee off. We had a great time and enjoyed our relaxation.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






3 comments:
Thank you for your wonderful encouragement. You have such a kindness that comes through no matter what you do. My heart melts with the pictures of your husband and son, they are planting treasures.
I am loving reading about your trip. I am actually headed to Destin next weekend to do flowers and catering for a wedding there. I love Destin! I wish it could be a "vacation", but a few days in Destin is a few days in Destin! Thanks for having Jack over - he loved every minute of it and is still talking about it! You are an amazing and precious lady!
Hugs!
Love the golfing buddies photo!
Post a Comment