We went to the State Fair last Friday. I had never been so I figured it was a Texas experience we should try at least once. It was crazy. First of all, we got there on Friday afternoon only to discover that it was "High School Day" according to the large banners everywhere. It was packed. We parked across the street because all the lots were full and as we started to unload we realized that LJ had no shoes. Yep. I won't even go there. After wondering where the nearest Wal-Mart was and considering going home, we decided to buck up and go for it. Of course, we had the little stroller and not the wagon we had considered bringing for both of them. So, one rode and we carried the other pretty much the whole time we were there. I have to say that I wonder if that wasn't for our protection because it kept LJ right with us at all times and it could have been very difficult to keep up with him otherwise. I would not have wanted to let him walk. After that crazy start, we went in and got a free ticket for LJ, thanks to the nice lady at the counter, and a few people handed us unused food coupons on their way out. Feeling a little better now. Once we got going, we had a lot of fun just hanging out with our little fam. The kids enjoyed it and we did too. Here are the highlights:

I think LJ and Kailey's favorite thing was the car show. They both wanted to "drive" every car. LJ got in each one and put his sunglasses in the cup holder.

They have a serious collection of animals in their petting zoo. I've never seen camels, giraffes, zebras, and water buffaloes in one before!

Family picture at the children's barnyard. You have to love LJ's enthusiasm for having his picture made.

By far the best thing was the kids' farm where they do little farm chores and get "paid" at the end.

Pulling his produce and Kailey in the tractor

Daddy had to work to get everyone looking through the holes at the same time!

LJ takes after his mommy and daddy and wanted to ride every big, fast ride at the midway. This is Daddy and LJ coming down the big slide.

Riding the bubble ride "all by himself"
4 comments:
I have never been to the fair either. I know that a lot of people feel strongly about the fair but here it is another year and I still did not go. Maybe it has something to do with me not being Texan. Glad you guys had a good time. Little John had it right. Little kids aren't supposed to wear shoes to the fair!
Hilarious that LJ didn't have his shoes! Good for you for dealing with it and having a good time anyway!
I love it that LJ didn't have shoes! I had at LEAST 2 days last year that I got Hayley to YCW w/o shoes. Recently Jack didn't have his at church. :) I totally sympathized with you on this one! Looks like y'all had fun!
Okay, first off, how have you never been to the State Fair?????? And secondly, I would have been scared to death to ride that huge slide, much less let my 3-year old go on it! Good for you! I bet he loved it. : )
Post a Comment