Yesterday was a crazy day. A crazy day where we stayed home. Kailey decided to stay awake in her crib through her morning nap so she was a little crabby around lunchtime. Since I didn't have that opportunity to take a shower, I decided to hop in while she was playing in my bathroom and closet. We have one of those showers without a door and I had just started washing my hair when she crawled in, fully dressed. For a minute, she played in the water and then started screaming and pulling on my legs looking like a soaked kitten. Seriously? Just when I thought mommyhood couldn't get any more 24/7, I can't even shower by myself. : )
Later, she was playing with LJ. I left the room, came back and she was on the 4th step of the stairs. Not crawling, STANDING on the stairs! So, the stair gate is making its return at our house for a while.
Last night LJ had some crackers that Kailey wanted. When she reached for them I heard him say, "No, Kailey, you can't have these. Now I need you to say, yes sir." Hmm. She was probably thinking, "Who made you the boss of me?" It is so funny to hear him repeat the things we say to him. Funny moments are certainly a part of the daily routine around here.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Courtney-
Love reading about your kids! THey bring a smile to my face.
Sure love you-
BJB
I scrolled back just a couple of posts ago...not so long ago you said Kailey had not discovered the stairs. Amazing what a couple of weeks does! Your stories bring such joy to me...keep on sharing them!
Hugs!
Hope you had a moment alone tonight once everyone was safely tucked in bed!! Love the stories . . .you are not alone in this sweet but often exhausting and patience trying season of life!! ha!
Reading your posts always makes me wish I was around to see your two precious babies growing up! They sound and look completely adorable. . .I can't get enough! : )
And to think one day we'll miss these days of craziness and exhaustion! :) That girl of yours has got some serious energy/determination! Love you guys--
Post a Comment