Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Happy Birthday, John!

On John's birthday we made him snickerdoodles and took them up to his office after lunch. Getting two kids and a plate of cookies upstairs to his office was quite a feat, especially since Kailey really wanted the cookies. Afterwards we helped him pick out a new watch and enjoyed a cold drink at Starbucks. During this little outing, LJ decided to tell Dad what we got him for his birthday. I think he missed it, though. When John got home that night, LJ was standing at the door holding his gift ready for him to open it. Since it was candy and a new Wii game, LJ was slightly excited about partaking in the goodies. One cute thing about this birthday was that it was the first time LJ picked out his own card for Dad. He picked one with pool balls on it after considering one with transformers and one with a G. I. Joe. : )

That night we went to dinner with Ryan and Meredith at Texas de Brazil. All four of us have birthdays within a month - the girls turned 27 and the guys turned 28. We decided we would have a little birthday party together and it was a fun one. They are so much fun to be with and so easy to talk to. We loved having a chance to hang out and laugh a lot!

There are no words to express how glad I am that my husband was born 28 years ago to his wonderful parents and that he grew into the incredible, godly man he is today. Just when I think he would be difficult to improve, he gets better and better. Each year he grows more mature in things of the spirit and yet stays fun and young at the same time. His leadership of our family is wise, his discipline of our children is loving, his caring, considerate love for me is Christlike, and that is only the beginning of a list that goes on and on. I get so excited for my kids as they continue to discover just how great their dad is! I'm still learning about all the ways he is wonderful and I've known him more than twenty years! So, happy birthday to my hunky husband (a little late)! I can't wait to get to know you even better as you continue to grow and change into the image of Christ! I better get to work keeping up with you!

Taking cookies to Dad

Presents!
Two kids who ADORE their daddy (and look a lot like him)!

Yummy dinner!

1 comment:

christine pinson said...

sounds like a fun birthday celebration...yummy Texas de Brazil!
That's so funny that you all had birthdays together, and mine and matt's are right around the same time too...except he just turned 27 also...i can't wait to bust out of this hospital and get back to life for real! it was like a tease to get out for that month! i am glad that i have my shower to look forward to, along with holding my sweet babies of course, and maybe actually hanging out with friends rather than being cooped up in bed...blah!