Wednesday, August 15, 2007

August Birthday Party

Sunday we celebrated the August birthdays with my mom's family and my dad's mom out at the ranch near Rhome where I grew up. It was such a fun day for all of us, but especially for Little John. He loves to be with family and having a lot of them in one place is a little piece of heaven in his book. He really missed my cousins Brianna and Brittany but they were out of town. Hopefully we'll see them soon. He hasn't stopped talking about being with Bimi and Da, Vicki and Greg, and Mema since we were there. He also went fishing for the first time and on his first helicopter ride!!! Is that a big day or what? Believe me, more pictures are coming.

The August birthday crew - Brittany, Christopher, Bimi & John

Trying out the new "Cars" fishing pole complete with a tire-shaped floater on the end

Practicing in the pool with Dad before going down to the pond

As LJ was practicing, Uncle Kyle dove in, grabbed the end in his mouth and started tugging

They "reeled him in" and he started flopping around like a fish. The look on LJ's face was priceless. It was hilarious! I love the way my siblings interact with my kids. They are tremendous blessings in our daily lives! I thank God for each one of them!

2 comments:

Chesley said...

That is so great of Kyle!!! I wish I could have seen LJ's face!

Kendra said...

That is too cute with the fishing pole, and can I just say that the view from that pool area is AWESOME!!! What a nice looking place out there!!