This picture just makes me smile. Kailey looks like she has her baby doll in one of those Baby Bjorn carriers, but it's actually the harness on her stroller. So funny! She has shown a love for baby dolls from her earliest responses to anything. She kisses them, smiles at them, coos at them. She is her mother's daughter, already loving babies! I was always a doll girl and would take care of my "babies" endlessly. Sometimes I would feel much guilt when I forgot to put them to bed or feed them or get them out of bed in the morning. Fortunately the babies I have now don't really give me the opportunity to forget those basic things. I have occasionally realized that my child is still in his pajamas and it's closer to afternoon, but hey, I think he'll survive that one. For me, taking care of child who needs everything from feeding to snuggles to transportation everywhere they go, to their first thoughts and ideas about God and life, fills some kind of big place in my heart. I've always enjoyed taking care of my siblings and other people's children and now with my own it's even better. There's just nothing quite like loving on kids!
Friday, June 01, 2007
Babies
This picture just makes me smile. Kailey looks like she has her baby doll in one of those Baby Bjorn carriers, but it's actually the harness on her stroller. So funny! She has shown a love for baby dolls from her earliest responses to anything. She kisses them, smiles at them, coos at them. She is her mother's daughter, already loving babies! I was always a doll girl and would take care of my "babies" endlessly. Sometimes I would feel much guilt when I forgot to put them to bed or feed them or get them out of bed in the morning. Fortunately the babies I have now don't really give me the opportunity to forget those basic things. I have occasionally realized that my child is still in his pajamas and it's closer to afternoon, but hey, I think he'll survive that one. For me, taking care of child who needs everything from feeding to snuggles to transportation everywhere they go, to their first thoughts and ideas about God and life, fills some kind of big place in my heart. I've always enjoyed taking care of my siblings and other people's children and now with my own it's even better. There's just nothing quite like loving on kids!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I was always a doll girl myself. I played with them until I was about 10 or 11 years old! I never cared much for Barbies, but I loved a good baby doll. I did not really have little ones to take care of around my own house, so I "adopted" the neighborhood ones. You're right, there is just something about those little ones that makes my heart so happy.
I've seen some of this in my girls too. Alex loves them all, babies, Barbies, and Polly's. Faith sticks to the baby dolls more. We'll have to wait and see about Ava.
My girls loved the baby dolls, especially Emily. She had a baby brother a little quicker than expected, and so her world revolved around her babies. I still have a shelf with all her Madame Alexander babies on it! These days, she has quite a few "babes" to care for. Being a Social Worker in a school, she has seen so much, and even experienced the joy of seeing someone have running water for the first time. Each time I pray for her, I ask God to bless her just as she is blessing others. I know in my heart that she will be a great mom someday. She blesses so many people!
(Love the pic of YOUR baby!)
Hugs!
We don't have many baby dolls at the Vaughn house (ok, just one for when our girl friends come over the play!). When I was at my parent's house last weekend, though, Mom had uncovered a box of my sister and I's old dolls from the attic and had them in our old little baby bed in one of her guest rooms. They looked much smaller than I remembered, but very familiar! he!
Hearing from you about your love for children is so intruiging to me! I love that you have that heart, and often wish I had it, too. Somehow I didn't get the "Mom" gene. . .
Post a Comment