Wednesday, June 20, 2007
Back To Father's Day
I'm going to make a return now to Father's Day morning before the phone rang. One thing I usually do on a special day is cook for my man. One great thing about him is that it doesn't matter what I make, he thinks it's amazing. You can't beat that kind of support! While he slept in until 10:00, the kids and I got up and made banana and peach crepes. They were supposed to be banana and strawberry but apparently every other mom in the area was doing something strawberry for Father's Day because my 10:00p.m. run to Albertson's Saturday night revealed no strawberries in the whole place. While the white peaches weren't as pretty as the red fruit, they tasted great! The crepe filling was cream cheese, powdered sugar, and whipped topping. While not our normal breakfast (or we would be as big as houses), it was a fun departure into something yummy to spoil our great daddy! He loved it and was very complimentary of my experiment, as usual. One of the wonderful things about him as a daddy is how he shows my kids by example how to treat me. He is loving, thoughtful, affectionate, and an incredible spiritual leader. His prayers over us before bed each night are always full of his desire to be used by the Lord to care for and direct his family in the way God wants us to go. Every year on Father's Day I am reminded of how I can never take for granted the amazing men in my life! So many girls today never experience the unconditional love of a man who is always there for them. I thank God for my husband, dad, father-in-law, grandfathers, brothers, uncles, and the list goes on and on! What tremendous blessings! What amazing guys!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Mmmmm . . your breakfast looks yummy! Wanna come cook for the Vaughn's sometime?? Good post. Precious kiddos in their onesies!!
Yummy! And, I love the white peaches too! They do look different, but they are so sweet! Also, PLEASE email me those pics of your kids in their S/S shirt and onesie. We are using all those we can get our hands on for something special!!!
Hugs!
Post a Comment