I keep meaning to get the pictures from the trip off of John's laptop but haven't done it yet. I'll get them up soon.
Today a funny thing happened that was such a blessing to this mommy worn out from 24/7 training. We were at Taco Bueno for dinner before heading to Summer Spectacular/VBS (pictures of Kailey in her adorable Daniel onesie will be forthcoming). Our favorite Bueno guy (Tara, you know him) from the Keller Smithfield location was the one taking our order. Little John had his sunglasses on his head just like mine and the guy started telling him how cool they were. He asked if he could borrow LJ's sunglasses and he, much to my surprise, handed them over. The guy pretended to put them on, raved about how cool they were, and then handed them back. He made a big deal to LJ about how cool it was that he would share and that we were teaching him to share. After we sat down he came over to the table with a slush that he had bought for LJ to thank him for sharing his glasses. He asked about Big John's softball shirt and we told him he played with our church. He said that it was no wonder LJ knew how to share and went on his way. I made sure that LJ understood that the man had given him the treat to thank him for sharing because that made him feel special. He took it all in seriously and enjoyed his blue slush immensely. I have been worn out lately with the constant effort to train my strong-willed child, constantly questioning if I am doing the right thing and doing it consistently enough. What a sweet blessing from God to me and to Little John right out of the blue. Now we love our Bueno guy even more. I'm going to come up with some really good way to repay him. And I know that God wants us to eat at Taco Bueno. Sweet. : )
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
What a great little story! I love that the Bueno guy made conversation and interacted with your child. You know most of the time customer service at a fast food place is lacking.
I agree with Chesley, now that's customer service! And yes, God definitely wants us to eat at Taco Bueno. : )
Courtney,
I just love keeping up with your precious family through your blog. I just wanted to say that I think you are a terrific mom and I admire you for training 24/7!! What sweet, adorable children!! Love, Shannon Pate
Post a Comment