Sunday, June 17, 2007
A Difficult Father's Day
I'm going to save my Father's Day post for tomorrow. I'm having a little bit of difficulty feeling festive today. After a long and difficult battle with breast cancer, my aunt went to be with Jesus this morning. We are rejoicing that she is free from her pain but hurting for how much those who love her, especially her husband and sons, will miss her. Growing up we were very close to our aunt, uncle and cousins. The three boys are very close to the same age as the oldest three in my family. While my spirit knows that she is in a place none of us can imagine, experiencing joys we've never dreamed of, the physical part of me wants to mourn that her boys won't have her there for their weddings, or the birth of their children, or all those other life events where we just want our moms. So, I ask for your prayers for my uncle Rick as he not only has his first Father's Day since his dad passed away, but also experiences the loss of his dearly loved wife, for Colin, Ian and Ethan as they begin missing their mom, for my grandmother and all of my dad's family. It has been quite a year. Thank you in advance for all the prayers I know you will be lifting up.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Sending sweet thoughts and prayers to you and your entire family. I pray that the memories you have will sustain you in this loss. I, too, have a very large extended family, all of whom we spend lots of holidays with. This is a difficult time, but I just know the angels are singing a precious, welcome home song.
Hugs!
Oh Courtney, I'm so so sorry. So thankful she is where she is, but so sorry her family (including extended family) has to go on without her. What a hard day for you guys. I know you know I'm praying. Love you---
Death truly is the greatest paradox for a Christian, isn't it? Rejoicing and sorrow at the same time. Lifting your family up in prayer...
Courtney-
I am praying for your precious family!
So much love!
Becky
So sorry for your loss. We're praying for your family.
Post a Comment