Sunday, May 20, 2007

My Little Man Is Three!

Saturday was Little John's third birthday. How can that be when it feels like he was born yesterday? I know this gets said all the time by mothers everywhere, but I can't believe he can already be that old! There's something a little hard about this birthday because I feel he's moved from a toddler to a boy. However, just as I would never want to wish time away, I also don't want to waste any energy wishing it back. I absolutely love this stage of his life, watching him learn, grow, and change. Now we have conversations and discover things together. Who wouldn't want to be here? He is one of the loves of my life - his personality, the way he says and does things, the way he loves people, his intense interest in his activities, his enthusiasm for life. God knows what he's doing when he matches up parents and children, doesn't He?

Three years ago I sat awake most of the night on May 18th because I knew I was being induced the next morning. I was excited, a little nervous about the unknowns of having a baby, and just lying there with that feeling that something huge and life changing was about to happen. Very similar to the day I got married. I have always struggled with change. I loved my life, my childhood, my relationships, and wanted things to continue the way they were. One thing the Lord has taught me is that His changes come with a little sadness, some adjustment, and MUCH JOY! I can't thank Him enough for the changes that Little John brought to our lives. He is my treasure!

Here are a few pictures from the birthday bash. He chose a sports theme, and we had a lot of fun with it! His sweet friends and family were wonderful to come celebrate with him. I am deeply grateful for the many people who love my son along with me!

2 comments:

Shelly said...

Of course I love the golf cart picture. :) I love sharing this time of life with you! What a precious friend you are to me! And that boy of yours is a joy to so many. I had fun playing soccer with him for awhile at the party. He's GOOD!! :)

Amanda said...

Cute pictures! I'm glad the day was great!