Wednesday, March 21, 2007

God Bless My Little Sleeper

Tonight it is very late and I am tired. All I can think about is how extremely glad I am that Kailey is a good sleeper! John was not and trying to get him to sleep through the night was a 6-month battle. Kailey, on the other hand, is already giving me at least a six or seven hour sleeping stretch at night before a quick feeding and another four hours or so. She also naps really well! I think God knew I needed the sleep with a super energetic three-year-old boy on my hands. So bless the baby girl who is lying peacefully in her bed after I sang her one song and put her there awake, and now will stay there until I've been asleep for several hours!

3 comments:

Kendra said...

I love good sleeping babies . . I had 3 of them, thankfully, but each one got better and better, and I really think that was God's mercy knowing I needed more rest with each one!!! Sweet baby girl . .

Julie said...

this makes me hopeful and excited!

my little one boycotted sleep for the first six months and then became this amazing, I-am-going-to-make-up-for-all-the-time-I-lost-and-nearly-drove-my-mama-to-have-an-only-child-sleeper

when I think about planning for #2, all I can think about is those first sleepless months and I feel overwhelmed and not sure I could do it, so this gives me hope!

Lindsey said...

This is one thing I pray for all the time about when i have kids someday. I am a sleeper. I have to have it or i will throw up and be really sick my self and i worry about it some day when i have kids not being able to sleep would be a problem for me.

glad we found each others blogs. I try to go and comment and read others often so i will read and repley when i can.