Anyway, with all of that emotion going on, Little John and I went to the Wiggles last night. Shelly got these tickets for us to take the kids months ago and it was just what I needed to take my mind off of things for a little while. The show was so cute and the kids absolutely had a ball. They never had to sit down or be quiet and they danced, sang, and jumped to their heart's content. I have to hand it to Jeff, Murray, Anthony, and Greg - those guys have some serious energy. They aren't young and that jumping around, singing, and playing instruments has got to be tough! They made me laugh because they got off their script and cracked each other up several times. Just four guys having fun, I guess. They also did a great job of coming out into the audience to be closer to the kids.
Emma thought the Wiggles were never going to come on stage and when one of the Wiggly Dancers came out to make an announcement before it started, she looked at me with a really disgusted face and said, "Where are the Wiggles?" I think she thought we had tricked her. She was quite excited when the big, red car finally drove out. Hayley asked if we could rewind her favorite part (the technology generation), and John was really quiet for the first half until he apparently finally woke up and started dancing with the girls. They were all three so good for us. Yes, Shelly and I sang the songs and danced, and don't you wish you had been there to see it? It's fun to be a mommy. 
I am not sure why the kids look like they're being lined up for a round of shots, but they really were excited! Maybe they thought we were going to stick them in a house for a week together again! : ) I love these great kids!
6 comments:
I am so glad you guys had fun. We will have to join next time if Garrett gets into the Wiggles. The right word is "when" I guess and not "if". What a great memory.
Ches, we definitely want you and Garrett next time! Maybe we can make a yearly tradition of finding a fun show for the kids. It's fun to watch them enjoy it so much.
Great post! That picture of the 3 of them in the car totally cracks me up. I got very tickled at your comment of, "Maybe they thought we were going to stick them in a house together for a week again." Ohhhh, if we could only know what went on in those little minds. I'm praying for you and your family this week. Please keep me posted. I'm so glad we went last night. It was fun being with you and being silly with our kiddos. I love being your friend! Big hugs--
I am so glad that you guys had fun...we missed you all at the party and were very careful only to spell out where you all were so that Jack and Bella would not know that we had kept that news to ourselves about the W-I-G-G-L-E-S being in town!
We are praying for you and your family right now.
So glad it was a great fun break for you. There is nothing like doing something fun for your kiddos. It is good to dance and sing with them so they know you are fun too! We are praying fo ryou guys!
I'm so grateful to you and Shelma for taking Emma with you that night! I know she had a blast and it was so nice to have a slow evening with Corey & Addie. What a blessing it is to have friends who will sacrifice to bless you! I have to admit I was very relieved to know she wasn't a stinker for you :).
We'll continue to pray for your family. Last night Emma prayed, "Dear God, please be with Miss Courtney & her Papa (I think that's what you call him!) and help him feel better." I guess she had heard us pray that & she was concerned. She has a sweet little heart & loves you & your family so much! Keep us updated. Love ya!
Post a Comment