
My baby brother turned 19 on Monday. That is insane. I vividly remember every part of praying for him to be conceived, waiting for his arrival, the excitement of that day, and then finally my baby brother. As a 7-year-old girl with two brothers, I thought I wanted a girl. . . until he arrived. Then all I wanted was little Christopher David. It was the greatest to have a live baby doll. I remember that I really wanted him to sleep in my room in his crib because I was completely envious that my brothers were sharing a room and I was all alone. I wanted to prove that I could take care of him during the night. I really thought it wasn't fair that my parents hogged him in their room when they already had somebody to share with! Now I know that there was probably nothing they would have liked more than to have put him in there with me. : ) I can never thank my parents enough for stepping out in faith and continuing their family after the all-american 2 or 3 kids had been reached. What would our lives be without Christopher and the two sisters who followed him? Any "sacrifice" that the three of us made in order to have more siblings has been repayed 100-fold. I love watching Christopher grow, mature, and change. I am privileged to be his sister and have him take care of me and look out for me. He is a fantastic uncle and Little John gets so excited about playing with "Tipper." Watching them together brings me so much joy! Thank God for brothers, brave, faith-filled parents, and for the relationship he has given me with Christopher! I love you, "baby" brother!
1 comment:
Brittany, always feel free to call any time. If it's not good, I'll call you back as soon as it is. I'd love to talk to you or you can always shoot me an e-mail as well! I'm praying for you!
Post a Comment