Tuesday, March 04, 2008

It's a . . .

BOY!!! We are beyond thrilled! He is healthy and seems to have the correct number of everything. Praise the Lord for His gracious gift! Our sweet one's name will be Levi Joshua. Levi means "unified" and we pray that he will feel a special and important part of our family unit as the second son and a child so closely following Kailey in age. So often the third child brings such a special spirit that is able to read people and the greatest of hearts. We will eagerly look forward to seeing all that is completely unique about our son. Joshua, of course, comes from our experience in December and the verses in the Bible that God gave to us in our scary moments. Joshua means "God saves." Just writing that gives me chills. He does. Whether spiritually or physically, He is constantly saving us when we are completely helpless to do anything for ourselves. I keep saying his sweet name over and over, so excited to be able to address my son! There will be special prayers in our home tonight as we pray over our children!

John V seemed very disappointed at first that it was not two babies. Even the sonogram technician felt bad for him as he was saying, "But we need a LOT of kids!" (That is not something that we have said to him, by the way.) I reminded him that God brings them one at a time (usually) in His timing, and that we would just keep the desire of John's heart in front of God's throne. I have full confidence that God has given him that precious spirit because he will be the oldest of several and it completely amazes me to see the preparation God will do in my children for His plans. I don't even have to take care of it! What a precious Lord. By the time we finished our celebratory lunch with the grandparents (and two aunts), John had lost his disappointment and was telling everyone it was going to be a brother "just like him." Kailey has absolutely no idea what is happening. : ) We cannot wait to see yet another precious sibling relationship develop in front of our eyes.

It means so much to me for all of you to have shared in my excitement over this day. The only thing as fun as a momentous day in your life is having loved ones to share it with! I love you all!

11 comments:

angela said...

I was hoping that you would post quickly today! A boy is so cool! His story is such a great one! I love his name too! Levi will be very blessed to be a part of your family! Congratulations!

Brooks Inc. said...

I know I would of been just as thrilled if I had read its a girl...But I am just so thrilled, yet again, at the Lord's goodness!

Courtney- Thank you for sharing htis journey along the way. Levi's testimony is one that we can share with him and with others as he grows in wisdom and stature. what a mighty God we serve. Know we are praising Him for this precious soul that He already knows so intimatly!

Sure love you!

BJB

Tori said...

I got to share in the excitement with your mom and Caitlin today at Memaw's house! How exciting to finally know! Levi Joshua already has a testimony. God will do great things through this little one!

Hannah said...

Yay!!!!! How fun another adorable Critz boy!!! So exciting!

Kendra said...

Yippe!!!! God is good!! LOVE boys!! And I love his name and especially the meaning behind it . . .that's such a special prophecy and blessing over his sweet little life even as he is being formed inside you!

tara said...

Ryder was super pumped to hear you were having a boy!!

Hannah said...

So I read it more today, last night I only had time to check adn see what the baby was but I read it all today. And Courtney I love reading your posts! Your faith and attitude in life are so encouraging! What a precious heart you have a such a sweet family! God has blessed you! I have a brother named Levi and love that name. I am so glad we have blogs to help keep up!

Shelly said...

SOOOOO thrilled to know it is little Levi in there!! I'm glad John was better after lunch! Amazing to me, by the way, that he wants a lot of kids too. God's plans are PERFECT!! Love you guys--

In All the Way Acknowledge Him said...

Yay, for another boy! I'm so excited for y'all. What a testimony and Great strong name Levi Joshua is, I can't wait to meet him and to see how God uses him for Mighty things.

Elizabeth Miller said...

YEAH! SO thrilled for you and your fam and super thankful for the precious health of you and baby Levi! Love you much!!!

Amanda said...

I'm so thrilled for you guys! Can't wait to meet little Levi Joshua! Hopefully you'll have forgiven me for stealing things from you by then! :o)