A big thanks to all of you who were praying for me this morning as I spoke in the lecture class at our church's ladies' Bible study. I felt that the Lord really pulled things together for me last night, helping me to remove some things that I had intended to say and replacing them with things He wanted said. I felt calm and peace as I was speaking and was so refreshed by the time I spent with those beautiful ladies. Afterwards I was able to talk and pray with Kelly Vaughn and Laura Shiro which was a tremendous blessing as I heard about their latest faith walks with our Lord. God is so good. How unbelievable the many ways He is able to use us when we are such broken, insignificant, little vessels. How amazing that He loves us the way He does.
I spoke today on Sabbath rest and the way our Lord wants to minister rest to us within our circumstances instead of us always begging to be rescued from our difficulties in order to rest. Waiting only for those quiet moments with a teacup and a Bible study, asking to be used for bigger things than sweeping floors and wiping noses. May you find rest today as Jesus meets you wherever you are and calls you to Himself. As Naomi says to Ruth about her kinsman redeemer, Boaz. "Wait, my daughter, until you find out what happens. For the man will not rest until the matter is settled today." Our Redeemer is not resting so that we can fully rest in His work in us. We do not know all that He is doing, but we know that it is beautiful! I love all of you!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I am glad yesterday morning went well for you. I wish I could have been there to support you! I am sure I was driving up 820 as you began. You always have great things to say and so I never had a doubt that you wouldn't do great! :)
Oh and I do have questions about the diaper pail you highlighted in your "Friday things". I am getting a new one this time because the diaper genie was a whip. Is that one easy to use and does it keep the smell down?
Courtney...and all who read her comments...
I just wanted to let you know how beautifully the Lord answered all of your prayers yesterday. It was wonderful...so many things were said that I am praying take deep root in my heart and my thoughts.
The Lord was glorified...He takes great delight in you sweet sister. You are a blessing to me...and so many others.
BJB
I liked reading Becky's perception. I'm so glad it was a good day, and I'm positive you gave God glory and He blessed you in return! Hope your family has a fun weekend . .
Post a Comment