Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Momentary Struggles

I had thought about jumping back in with a perky post and pictures but that is just not where I am right now. There is nothing terribly wrong but I'm struggling with my health and my energy level and honestly on some days barely making it from one chance to rest to another. I have had some issues since Levi was born (long explanation required) that could not be resolved without severe dietary changes (at least temporarily) and some other measures. I have now been at work for 6 weeks trying to figure out the best ways to beat this problem. Every spare moment has been spent in research and I have learned tremendous amounts about health, nutrition, and how I want to take care of my family. I have also discovered what an emotional and social issue food is in our lives. I'm sure Lori T. can attest to this, but when there are restrictions on what you can/will eat, everything changes! It's kind of like that feeling when you were younger and asleep and your mom would walk in, flip the light on, and take off your blanket. Argh! You just want to snuggle back down. Well, with absolutely no sugar or sweeteners, wheat, dairy, fruit, yeast, and many other things, all the "snuggly," comforting foods are gone and everything feels out of whack! Especially when taking care of and feeding your family at the same time. Trying to balance this with nursing is an added craziness. However, God has been faithful to answer my prayers as I've cried out to Him in this temporary madness. I am striving to "Taste and see that the Lord is good. . ." I am making progress and hoping to make more before the holidays. I will get some pumpkin patch pictures of my kids up and let you see my growing baby boy. He is such a blessing in my life right now, full of smiles and snuggles for his mommy. John V is growing and his maturity level seems to be shooting up at the same speed as his legs. And we're all getting ready for Kailey's 2nd birthday! Lots of fun, but I would covet your prayers for me. I refuse to allow Satan to steal this special time with my precious children. I will choose to put my eyes on the Lord, rest in Him, and allow Him to fight this battle in and through me!

I was finally able to quickly run through everyone's blogs tonight. So glad to see updates! I've been out of the loop and have missed everyone!

8 comments:

Jennifer said...

I've been thinking about you and your family for a few weeks now...you've been on my heart - now I know why!

I won't pretend to understand this attack you're under, but I will absolutely be praying for you!

What a woman of testimony and faith you are to give God the glory and refuse to give the enemy footing. Your children and your family will be blessed by this example more than anything else.

Can't wait to see pictures of your sweet kiddos, but obviously first things come first - your health and family's well-being are far more important than blog updates!

Summer said...

Thanks for your honesty in this post. Adding health issues to an already challenging transitional time sounds completely overwhelming. I am praying for your family's peace and especially for healing and rest for you. Miss you friend!

Chesley said...

I have been thinking about you too especially a lot yesterday! I am going to call you for the long version. Love you friend!

I knew something had to be going on because you were the blog posting champ.

Lori said...

I'm so sorry for the attack on you right now. I was thinking about you yesterday wondering how life with three was going for your sweet family.
Food is such a big social and emotional issue and it's an adjustment to say no to something that for years has been acceptable and part of a well rounded diet since you can remember. I commend you on the research, I so know how that is. We'll be praying for all of you. You have more restrictions and some different ones than I do, but if I can help, email me at lcturnbow@gmail.com. My sister has the sugar restriction, I had to eliminate dairy for a while as well.

Unknown said...

Praying for you and asking the Lord to ease your burden and triple your joy. You are a woman of faith who's life is such a wonderful testimony to all who know you. I look forward to new photos, but until then, take care of yourself. And know that you are in my constant thoughts and prayers.
Hugs...

Betsy@Living in the Moment said...

Welcome back sweet friend. I have been thinking about you a lot lately. Praying good thoughts for you and your recovery. Miss you! The odd moments we see each other at church are not enough! Love you!

Kendra said...

I hate this for you. Thanks for being honest, and I pray the Lord will bless you physically, emotionally, and spiritually as you face this battle. By the grace of God, you CAN do this! Blessings, friend!

Shelly said...

Still praying!! I hope your week is going better. Miss you and love you--