I thought I would give all of you a glimpse into why I have my babies at home. I know the cons are obvious in your mind but I thought you might enjoy seeing some of the pros. I know it's not for a lot of people but it has certainly been two beautiful experiences for us! Birth days are full of such special, life-changing memories!!! Kristin Morales took these beautiful pictures and many, many more. It has been so special to have her pictures of my two home births!
Sent the kids off to Marmee's with their big brother/big sister goody bags from Mom, Dad, and Levi
Sent the kids off to Marmee's with their big brother/big sister goody bags from Mom, Dad, and Levi
John supporting me through a contraction. We laughed because it kind of looked like he was having one too!
Sweet Ann trying to get some rest while waiting - she ended up heading to another birth after mine! She had three moms overdue at once that weekend.
My wonderful husband getting me through the final minutes - the room is so calm and peaceful waiting for Levi's arrival. The midwife prays and speaks words of blessing over the baby and delivery as she encourages and comforts me.










18 comments:
Everyone looks so peaceful and you make it look so easy! Thanks for sharing photos. Love you
What a beautiful experience, thank you for sharing your story here :-)
This is just beautiful! Thanks so much for sharing with all of us! I'm so glad it was such a blessing and a wonderful experience for all of you.
Oh, and I'd LOVE to know what you guys put in the goody bags since we're due in March - that's a GREAT idea for the older kiddos!!
Beautiful. Thanks for sharing!
Oh, I love them!!! Beautiful! I am so glad you shared this special day.
Today I was thinking with my history of giving birth I should maybe get used to the idea of having one at home...it would be better than the car! :)
What a wonderful glimpse into that beautiful day of your life. Thank you!
so precious...though they are all beautiful, i think that the bath is my favorite one. he looks so pure and peaceful...thank you for sharing a bit of that sweet day...we are all so happy to have Levi Joshua here safe and healthy...he is so blessed to have such a wonderful mommy and daddy...not to mention that precious big brother and sister! i can't wait to see you...soon i hope...we have alot of good talking to do! and jack would probably much rather talk to his best bud john in person...although it is very hilarious and entertaining to listen to him as he pretends to TEXT him! oh my goodness...is it bad when a 4 year old knows what texting is?!
i'm so ready to get out of this hospital bed and back to normal life full of playdates and good talks with great friends...not to mention we are getting close to the annual pumpkin patch trip! wouldn't miss that for the world!
Courtney, I only wish I were as brave as you. Maybe after my first one is behind me. :-) Your pictures are a beautiful and peaceful. Congratulations on the birth of Levi!
I loved looking at these!! Kristin did such a great job (as usual!) and you are just so beautiful! I'm so proud of you for sticking with the home births and so glad they've been such wonderful experiences for you! Love that Levi!! Hope to see you soon!
love you--
awww...these pictures brought tears to my eyes...what a beautiful, wonderful thing to give birth!! And I love that you did it at home :) Yeah!
What precious memories to share, Courtney. And how special that you were able to have someone there to photograph everything, too! I can't wait...can't wait...until it's our turn one of these days.
I think I'm in an especially emotional mood tonight because looking at your photos made me tear up. They are so beautiful. I am impressed with your strength and courage. Thank you for sharing these images with us. You almost convinced me to try a home birth. . . oh wait, I'm not pregnant! Tell Kristin, "Hi" from the Walters. I never imagined when I met her at Sams 4 years ago that she would so involved in so many of my friends lives. The photos are beautiful and capture the day perfectly.
Sweet, sweet, sweet! I love this post and loved seeing the pictures. Thanks so much for sharing - your little (well, not so little anymore actually) family is so beautiful!! Blessings -
Courtney_
I loved these...they are truly beautiful and capture such peace in action! What an incredible gift to be able to have these pcitures to document such a wonderful day!
Love you!
Becky
Courtney - Brings back so many memories! You look like you again handled it amazing! What a beautiful day! I love the picture of you and John cause he does look as though he is having a contraction too! Makes me sooo look forward to my birth coming up. I want to labor and birth like you did!
I love it! So peaceful-maybe our second will be at home! in several years of course!
this is such a sweet post! Makes me want to have a home birth. (and that's saying something coming from me. ;-) I'm a wimp!) You look so peaceful and happy. Even in the midst of labor! Amazing. Congratulations! He is adorable. The weeks fly by don't they?
Post a Comment