One wonderful thing I was taught growing up is that friends come in all packages. All colors, sizes, personalities, and ages. One of my best and sweetest friends has been a big part of my life for 22 years now and this week she turned 80! She doesn't seem a day older than when I met her - if she's changed at all it has only been to grow better with time. Our relationship began when I took a class making a doll at her house. That then turned into sewing lessons each week until I graduated from high school in '97. She has continued to be an important part of my life. She has had an even longer relationship with John, praying for his parents to be able to have children during some of their twelve years of waiting for that blessing. She has now prayed for us to conceive our children. I really think she prayed for us to get married and had much to do with our relationship. I can remember countless times that she asked me what I thought of John Martin. : ) She has excellent taste. She has taught hundreds of girls how to sew, encouraged us to memorize Scripture each month, and modeled for us how to speak and live with grace and honor. She showed us what it meant to love a man faithfully until death parts you. Still to this day she is memorizing God's Word and has books of the Bible she can recite. Her home was and is a place of safety where ugly words are not tolerated and lifetime friendships are made. On Wednesday when we stopped by her dining room table was full of cards from many of the people she has touched. Sometimes God's faithfulness astounds me that He would give me not only two of the most wonderful grandmothers in the world, but also this spiritual grandmother, mentor, and friend. So to Memaw, may this year be a wonderful one! I love you!

1 comment:
So precious. I feel so fortunate to have so many dear friends who love and appreciate my Memaw the way that I do. She was so delighted and encouraged by your visit! Thanks for doing that!
Post a Comment