Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Things I've Learned From My Toddler

I have become a much wiser person thanks to having a two-year-old son. I thought I would pass on some of these jewels to all of you in case they were things you've ever wondered about.

  • Eating is optional and there are far better ways to spend your time until you get really hungry and down two, yes TWO, burritos from Taco Bueno.
  • There is absolutely no end to toddler energy.
  • It is possible to have a full bladder for many hours and not let it go simply out of stubborn determination.
  • Dirty diapers do not bother everyone and do not hinder playing at all.
  • Those little foam toe separating things for painting your toenails can be put other places on your body too.
  • Anything can be used as a "bat" to hit balls - tennis rackets, golf clubs, and actual bats are preferred, though.
  • Mommy's growing pregnant belly makes a great jungle gym.
  • You can talk to an unborn child through your mother's belly button.
  • If you want great maternity pictures that look like your son is talking to your baby, stick a cookie up your shirt.
  • Couch pillows do not serve their best purpose sitting on the couch. They are put to much better use when you use them to bury your dad or make a pile to jump in.
  • It sounds much cuter to say your B E D's than your A B C's. It is also far more endearing to readie writie than to read and write.
  • Bob the Tomato can be found anywhere, anytime that you can find a circle.
  • The church should really show Pooh on that big screen at the front. Each Sunday there is a certain level of disappointment that they still have not figured this out.
  • Doing really cute things just like your dad does them will get you a long way with Mom.
  • You can have endless fun talking to the recorded lady that comes on when you leave the phone off the hook too long.
  • You can hum to the tone of the dial tone and it is also an interesting activity
  • It only takes one to have a pizza party if everyone else is in the media room and thought you should go to bed (Tara will attest to the priceless nature of this one)
  • All aunts, uncles, and grandparents should live in one house with us so that they never have to go home.
These are just a few of the ones I've been learning lately and I'm sure there will be many, many more. Oh, how I love my little guy! We've started lately spreading our arms as wide as we can to tell each other just how much we love each other. That doesn't even come close to expressing what is in my heart for him. Hopefully some day he will have a precious little boy and understand his mommy's heart.

3 comments:

Brooks Inc. said...

Courtney-

What a great list. What a precious son you have!

SO much love!

Becky

Anonymous said...

We were telling people about that last night - Little John cracked us up standing there holding the pizza and looking at everyone like, "What?"
It has made me laugh for the past few days every time I think about it.

Summer said...

He is such a busy little man. I love that he always has a project. I can't wait to see what kind of personality Kailey has. I hope we're on the list to call when she's born. We miss you guys. I'm glad that we have blogs so I can check in with my old friends any old time I start missing ya'll.(Loved the pictures of the punks.)