Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Amazing Women

My three beautiful girlfriends who are my accountability group. You don't get much better than that!










My incredible mothers (and the best grandmothers to my children). Sometimes I think of my heritage of godly women and feel huge responsibility in living up to what God has given me in them!


I have been thinking about something a lot for about a week now and it seems that everywhere I go this week I am reminded of it. After a conversation with my accountability group I started thinking about the different women I know and the diverse struggles they have in their lives. Some of them are many years ahead of me and some are younger but already experiencing more than many people do in a lifetime. I look at these women and it is hard to understand how they have the patience, strength, endurance, wisdom, or peace to go through what they are and I pray that occasionally they are also seeing that in me. It is amazing how each one has what they can handle by God's grace. I look and wonder how they do it and they look at others and wonder how they can manage their struggles! God is so good to equip us throughout our lives for the very things that He will be calling us to or carrying us through. I am deeply humbled as I realize just how many women I am around on a weekly basis who have allowed God to create in them a strength that is amazing. I have heroes who are family members, older women, and friends. I can quickly think of women who have endured loneliness, divorce, physical pain, the loss of children, being spiritual widows, financial struggle, childhood wounds, and the list goes on and on. There are also those dealing with the "smaller" day-to-day life things that I look at and feel that I would not be able to handle it with the grace and patience they show. Sunday in our class we talked about spiritual maturity and I thought again of all the ways I see that in these women. And once again last night as I listened to two beautiful women share their stories, I was just overwhelmed by the wealth of wisdom, love, and godliness around me.

Just a quick plug for the RHCC girls here. If any of you have not yet been able to attend the Joy for the Journey meetings, they have been wonderful! Having these women mentor and share with us is uplifting and makes me understand once again how God knows exactly what He's talking about when He tells the older women to teach the younger women! Watch your bulletin for updates on these meetings.

Most of you who read this are these women in my life (the other few not being women!). I hope that each of you know the deep love and admiration I have for you. I hope I am clear with the way your strength and courage inspire and challenge me. I would love to sit here and list out each woman and every way you bless others but this would be never ending. Maybe that's something I'll do eventually is highlight some of those. I am honored to know you and richly blessed any time I can pray with or listen to you. I love you, dear friends!

3 comments:

Chesley said...

I love this entry! God does give us what we can handle even when at times we think there is no way. I have been thinking about some of these same things. You are such a WONDERFUL friend and have been such a blessing to me! I thank God for you many times over my sweet friend!!! Thanks for always listening.

The Sexy Knitter said...

I agree with Chesley, this was a very encouraging entry, just as you yourself are always encouraging to me! I'm glad we are still friends even though thousands of miles apart! Love you!

Shelly said...

Is there any greater blessing than friends/family who can laugh with you at your goofiness, cry with you during times of tremendous pain and heartache, come alongside you in prayer, rejoice with you during good times, and encourage you as you walk with the Lord each day? After talking to you this morning I was thanking God for the blessing of you (AGAIN) and for giving me someone (one of many---just as you said) to talk to about stuff that REALLY matters while we are on this earth. What a joy it is to walk through this life with you as a friend! Love you so much--

ps. What a true blessing Kailey will have with you as her mother! (John too of course, but thinking from the mother/daughter perspective) Hurry up, Kailey!! We're all ready to give you hugs and kisses!!!!