Tuesday, September 12, 2006

John's New Room

I have made a big step for this mommy and moved my boy upstairs to his "big boy room." Chelsea finished painting his mural on Sunday and that night he spent his first night in his boat bed. He did great! He is SO excited about his room. It is difficult for pictures to do the mural justice so you will just have to come over. If any of you ever consider doing something like this, I would highly recommend Chelsea who did a fantastic job. She is so talented. I deeply admire artistically talented people because that's a talent I have to admire from a distance since I really do not possess it. Little John points out each thing whenever he goes in his room, especially the pickup truck that Chelsea painted to look just like John's with silhouettes of the guys inside it. He told me that it was he and Daddy going to Sonic for a "cheese" (grilled cheese). He can look up at the plane when he's lying in bed which is also very cool to him.

We also had the nursery painted this week so it is officially very pink and we are in full preparations for Miss Kailey as well! I feel much more ahead of things with him upstairs and her room awaiting her arrival. Her sweet daddy has been working tonight to hang her chandelier with Little John "helping" constantly. He wants to "screw" everything with the screwdriver and climb the ladder. He loves the pink nursery and just refers to it as "pink." He'll want to "go in the pink" or he left his duck "in the pink." It's pretty funny. He makes me laugh with all his funny little ways of saying and doing things right now. Earlier he was looking at my blog with me and started to feed himself the cake in the picture of him eating my birthday cake. His imagination is certainly growing at a rapid rate!

Little John pointing out everything in his mural the first time he saw it all finished.

His "red plane" reminding us of the best reason to "go" anywhere!Another view of the mural, including Daddy's truck headed to SonicSnuggle time with Mommy before he sleeps upstairs for the first time!

5 comments:

Shelly said...

What a FUN room!!! I can't wait to come see it. I can't get over how awesome that mural is. My favorite is the truck going to Sonic with John and his daddy! Too SWEET! Love ya---

Summer said...

Who did the mural? She did a great job! It looks amazing. I can't wait to come see it in person one of these days!
Summer

Chesley said...

I can't wait to see it for real!!! I LOVE what she has done. Little John is so cute and I love his excitement about his new room. I also can't wait to see "the pink" either!

The Sexy Knitter said...

That is totally great! What an awesome big boy room! When do we get to see pics of "the pink?" ; )

Courtney said...

Pictures of "the pink" are coming soon. It's a work in progress but it's looking so sweet! I can't wait to put my little pink baby in it!