Father's Day was our first holiday to spend in Austin instead of being back in Fort Worth to celebrate with family. While we really missed everyone, we did have a special time focusing on our wonderful daddy. We had a whole day planned starting with scones and a book of geek projects for dads to do with kids. After church we headed to Stubb's gospel brunch which is a big deal in downtown Austin. Our daddy got some great BBQ and all his brunch favorites. Sunday afternoon Dad and his big boy headed out for a father/son golf game and then came home to grilled brats and Daddy's favorite peach cobbler. We threw in a few more presents/surprises along the way and called it a great success.
I am completely overwhelmed with gratitude for this man who is the father of my children. I love being able to say things to my son like, "Have you ever seen Daddy talk to Mommy that way?" or "Is Daddy ever unkind to people like that?" because I know exactly the answer that is coming. Big eyes and a resounding no because my kids are able to constantly watch their father treat me and everyone in his life with respect, love, and patience. He is a man worthy of imitating because he is striving to imitate Christ! We love our daddy!
I am completely overwhelmed with gratitude for this man who is the father of my children. I love being able to say things to my son like, "Have you ever seen Daddy talk to Mommy that way?" or "Is Daddy ever unkind to people like that?" because I know exactly the answer that is coming. Big eyes and a resounding no because my kids are able to constantly watch their father treat me and everyone in his life with respect, love, and patience. He is a man worthy of imitating because he is striving to imitate Christ! We love our daddy!

No comments:
Post a Comment