Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Miss Kailey

There are simply no words for Miss Kailey. Maybe that's why I haven't done very well updating on her! ;) She is completely precious, full of joy, only slightly interrupted by moments of meltdown. When those moments occur, however, they are over quickly and followed up with the most sincere, penitent little apologies. She loves her family, even the bubbas who sometimes seem to make it their business to do a tiny bit of sister tormenting. She is crazy about her grandmothers and the sure fire way to light up her life is to inform her that she is going to get to be with her cousin, Kyndall. The world kind of revolves around Kyndall right now which may be making their separation the most difficult part of our upcoming move. She loves to dress up like a princess, play hide and seek, color, bake, and play with her baby dolls. She's not into sweets but loves bread and cheese. She can eat two and three avocados at a time which is crazy to me. Her brother's opinion of her means everything and her smile could light up the room whenever he says she's beautiful or praises something she has done. She wants to do anything, be with anyone, go anywhere that he thinks is cool. This is most evident in the fact that John's best bud, "Mickey" Jack is very important to her. She is constantly asking for his attention, I think partially as one more way to be important to her Bubba by being important to his friends! So precious, and so sweet to see her beloved "Mickey" Jack include her. Her bedtime prayers are precious, nothing but "thank you's," "Tant oo, Dod, for Mommy, Daddy, Yeyi, Bubba..." I can hardly wait until I finish praying to hear her. She is sensitive and people being "mad at her" are something she just can't stand. Of course, that can mean they looked at her with a serious expression on their faces. So, a few words to sum up Kailey: sunshine, joy, precious, and PINK!

Some of the most recent Kailey moments:

We were at John's T-ball game when it started to rain. As she realized she was getting wet, she said, "Oh NO! I'm getting wet! I need a pink 'brella!" Me: "Um, we don't have a pink umbrella but we can find one that's another color." Kailey (in distress): "No, I NEED a PINK 'brella!" Since Marmee overheard this plea, a few days later Kailey had a pink 'brella and it is currently her most prized possession. Her proudest moment is when she works up the courage to "share my 'brella wis Yeyi (Levi)."

Each morning when Kailey gets ready and we do her hair, I ask her if she wants a ponytail or a bow. Most of the time the conversation ends with Kailey saying no and then, "Does Kyndall have a bow?" Me: "Yes, Kyndall probably has a bow." Kailey: "Umm, then maybe I want one."

Kailey saw a book on her bed one morning that she had read the night before when I was gone for the evening. "Daddy wead me this book." (Hugs book to her chest.) "Daddy yuvs me."

I think this one was Mommy's birthday cake.

I cannot express how much I love this girl!

Again, no words! Just mommy's little cuteness!

Suckers at the softball game with buddy, Jake. They are just a few days apart in age and so cute together!

She wasn't sure what to think about that bird on her head but Bubba did it so she did too!

Pretty princess!

K loves her buddy, Cason!

Mommy's girl!

The three cookies on the top were portioned out, rolled, and covered in cinnamon/sugar completely by Kailey. I couldn't get over that she even sized them just right!

We potty trained several weeks ago and it has been fabulous having just one in diapers! She's proud of her pretty panties!

5 comments:

Becky said...

Kailey is SOOOOOOOO CUTE!!! I love getting to read your blog. I look foward to having sweet little kids of my own. =)

Unknown said...

Sweet, sweet Kailey...the feeling is mutual with Mickey Jack, I do believe. We will miss you so much but know that God is planting you right where He wants you to grow at this time. Thanks for sharing all the Kailey-isms...hugs!

Shelly said...

Love that girl. She is so beautiful---just like her mommy! What sweet stories---I love it that she is sooo into pink! : )

Chesley said...

I just LOOOOVE this girls hair!!! I am jealous of a two year old! :)
OOOOOOOOOO I just want to play in it!
(now make sure you read this last sentence like I would say it)

Randi Freeby said...

Oh, I am missing her so much. I love the way she always greeted us at the front door. Kailey is a precious little one right now and I look so forward to watching her grow. What a special one she is!!