Tuesday, April 08, 2008

Easter - Part Two

Our second Easter celebration was at Marmee and Grandpa's with my mom's side of the family. Our gatherings get bigger and bigger! We love it! We had a wonderful time of celebration with my dad reminding us all of what we were rejoicing in and John V having the opportunity to say his verse to everyone. The prize eggs at my house have always been empty to remind us that the empty tomb is the biggest gift of all! This year all the eggs were empty and then the kids turned in their eggs for prizes. This worked great so that we didn't have candy everywhere and whiny, sugared-up kids! My sister hid almost four hundred eggs for four kids - they got their fill of hunting! It was too fun to watch them get so serious about filling their baskets!

We celebrated the March (and Feb. 28th) birthdays - Da, Cameron and Caitlin. It's hard to believe my baby sister is fourteen!

This girl was serious about gathering eggs!

"Here's another one. My basket is overflowing!"

"I found MORE!"

Sweet Easter girl

Some of those eggs were hidden!

Cousins playing in the bin of eggs after the hunt

6 comments:

Lori said...

Sounds like fun. I love hearing everyone's Easter traditions...we'll have to try some of them for our family next year.

Unknown said...

I love your traditions. I come from a large family, too, and we have many different ways of celebrating holidays and I always love to read or hear about other families. This year, I got Jack a set of Resurrection eggs and he loved them. One day at my office, I had some empty eggs by my desk and he opened one and said, "Look Mimi, it's empty - Jesus is alive!". I agree that these days are ones we will never forget...when the little ones "get it". Love all the photos, too!
Hugs!

Tori said...

I love seeing all these precious kiddo pictures. Cute Easter outfits! And what a special time for Little John, learning the truth about Jesus!! Hope you're feeling well, and you guys have a great week! Thanks so much for your sweet words about the possibilities for the upcoming "sewing year". It would be such a joy to teach daughters of Memaw's former students one day!

teamwilhite said...

Looked like you guys had fun! Can you believe I didn't take one single picture on Easter! I was just sick...I guess because Hollis can't really hunt eggs yet! I missed his first Easter!

angela said...

Love the empty easter egg hunt idea and the fact that they can trade them in for prizes! My kids would love this! We might be doing this next year.:)

Anonymous said...

You are just inspirational, thank you for blessing us with your family.