Thursday, December 21, 2006
Thoughts on Christmas
Well, the Critz household is ready for Christmas! This is the first year that Little John has really had some comprehension of what is going on and he has added so much to the joy of the season with his excitement. We decorated our house, made Christmas tree rice krispy treats, drove to Dallas to look at Christmas lights, watched Christmas shows, went to a birthday party for Jesus, picked out presents for people we love, and we're just getting started! He has absolutely no idea that he is "supposed" to ask for things for Christmas so he is just enjoying the whole thing. I'm hoping that the seeds are also being sown for him to begin understanding the true miracle behind this celebration. I have thought a lot this December about baby Jesus. Having a newborn in our house makes it extra special as I snuggle with her, smell her little baby smell, and think about the Son of God actually becoming a tiny infant. What did Mary understand about her baby? I just had a natural childbirth and I would NOT have wanted to do that in a stable after a long road trip! I think we've heard it so many times that we become numb. That scared girl endured so much physically and emotionally and then He arrived and I'm sure she had the thought that all of us have that it was all worth it. Worth every minute of discomfort for just a few precious moments with that child. I know this sounds too simple but I keep finding myself telling Jesus this year, "I'm just so glad You came." So glad I can talk to the Almighty God through Jesus, so glad I can tell my babies this story day after day until they also choose eternal life through Him, just so glad He came. Merry Christmas to each of you as you enjoy all the blessings that come from our loving Father!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
You have such a wonderful gift of writing! I love that your my friend! :)
Post a Comment