Sunday, July 16, 2006

Kailey Abigail

To the left you can see sweet little feet and our baby girl's first profile shot. After deliberation and prayer we have decided to name this little girl Kailey Abigail. We actually chose this name the very first time we were pregnant in February 2003 and for several reasons still feel strongly that it is our name for our first girl. Besides loving the name, it goes perfectly with the precious way the Lord spoke to us before her conception.

John and I decided to have a day of prayer and fasting as we approached the week our baby that we miscarried last summer would have been due in February. It was also the week that we found out that we were pregnant with my first pregnancy in 2003 (also a miscarriage) and the week that I found out we weren't pregnant again for another month. Do you think this all added up to a little bit of emotion? I had three precious friends specifically praying for me that week and as each one called or checked on me I was able to give the miraculous report that God was wrapping me in His love to the point that I felt physically protected from all of the overwhelming emotion I had been expecting.
On our day dedicated to prayers seeking God in this area of our lives, John was at work and I was at home. I put Little John down for his nap and felt God prompting me to pull out a story I had recently been convicted by in a Bible study I was going through at church. So I got out my Bible, my Bible dictionary, my concordance and got ready to dig deep into the Word. As I began reading through 2 Chronicles 20 , I went very slowly with the Lord showing me revelation after revelation in each and every verse. It would take a short book to write it all down (and I have written it because I don't ever want to forget), but basically there were a few basic truths that hit me hard that day. One was the reminder that my battle was not against the Lord but my battle against the Enemy belonged to the Lord. "This is what the LORD says to you: 'Do not be afraid or discouraged because of this vast army. For the battle is not yours, but God's.'" Then, that I could rest in praise of the Lord and He would show me and everyone else His strength and power. "You will not have to fight this battle. Take up your positions; stand firm and see the deliverance the LORD will give you." And lastly, that the reward I would receive from my giving the battle into the Lord's hands would be much more than I asked or imagined. "So Jehoshaphat and his men went to carry off their plunder, and they found among them a great amount of equipment and clothing and also articles of value—more than they could take away. There was so much plunder that it took three days to collect it." As I read through that last part I was reminded of the name Kailey that we had talked about naming a little girl because it means "crown." She is our priceless "valuable" or "precious jewelry," as one version puts it. John came home that night and we cried and shared together as he told me the things God had shown him - especially the story of Isaac praying over Rebekah that she would conceive. John prayed the most precious prayer over me that night as he asked the Lord that this week that had begun our journey through these three miscarriages would now be the week that ended it - that we would conceive and that the child would be healthy and strong as God delivered us to raise a Godly inheritance for Him. Exactly four weeks later we discovered that our prayer had been answered "yes" as it was prayed and that this was the first chapter in Kailey's story. Her middle name Abigail comes as we experience the "joy of the Father" that He has given us through this faith walk with Him. So, sweetheart, I hope you love your name as much as we do and you can know that it is already a name coming before our Father's throne many times a day as we seek Him on your behalf. We love you, baby Kailey Abigail!

7 comments:

Julia said...

She is so precious already! I know you can't wait to see those tiny feet and that sweet little face & hold her in your arms. As you know, there is nothing like it. I'm so thankful you have written down what God has shown you on this journey - what a legacy of faith you will pass to your children! And there will be no doubt in little Kailey's mind that she was created for a purpose, at this time for a reason. Praise God for His wonderful creation! I love you and your sweet babies!

Shelly said...

What beautiful little feet! It has been such a joy and a blessing to be a part of wittnessing and praying for this little miracle. Her name is so beautiful and so perfect. Love you!

Chesley said...

I LOVE this story and I LOVE her name! I am so thrilled for your family! You are such a great mother. These two children of yours are so lucky to have you. The pictures are great and so clear! Thank you for sharing and I look forward to the day in Nov. when I can cheer you on from my living room or I could always come to your living room! :) Just kidding! I wouldn't do that to you. Love you my sweet friend!

Courtney said...

I can't thank the three of you enough for the way you have walked with me through this time in my life. I hope you all hear it from me enough that you are God's gifts to me. Your prayers, listening ears, and support have meant the world. I love you all and am so glad I get to love your babies too! Oh, and Ches, bring on the cheers in the living room - yours or mine! I'm sure I'll need them!

Elizabeth Miller said...

How beautiful to give your daughter such a strong name to live in the Lord. The pictures are amazing. May the Lord continue to cover you in His health, love and protection!

Shelly said...

I miss you!!! It feels like you've been gone for a month! Can't wait to see you hopefully this weekend!
Love ya--

Julie said...

Secret Confession...I have also been reading your blog through Tara's link and thought, "I'll just read and not post...she might not remember me or think it's strange I'm reading your blog." Your family and Kailey are in our prayers. I am sure we will run into you at RH sometime!